When God gives us something, there is always enough to share.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thank You Thursday

It's time for Thank You Thursday...finally! I can't really say that this past week has dragged--but it does feel as if a year or so has passed since Friday when my dh left, lol. But, Praise the Lord!, we are under 20 days now until his return!! YAY!

Even with my dh away, I have so much to be thankful for. God is SO good to me! Which is why I take time every week (not always on time, lol) to post Thank You Thursday.



Thank You to the airline pilots that got my dh and his team safely to Ireland, inspite of delays and cancellations and (of course) a very large cloud of volcanic ash. (I hate to mention it, but, could you please bring him home safely, too??)

Thank You to the wonderful people that are housing my dear dh and his students. You have gone above and beyond to make them feel welcome and to ease their separation from home. You are truly making this trip a wonderful experience!

Thank You to my dear friend Christina for staying over the other night. You have been our babysitter for almost nine years (!), but you are also a dear friend and part of our family. Thanks for loving my children and for being someone that I can trust completely to care for them when I am not home. And thanks for being my friend. I always enjoy our time together so much.

Thank You to my wonderful neighbors for watching out for us while dh is away. Thanks, Gerry, for mowing our lawn! And thanks, Debbie, for making sure we get to bed on time, lol! :-)

Thank You to Serena for the awesome pics you posted on the Team Ireland blog. It is so great to actually see where dh and all of you are. I can't wait to see more pics!

Thank You to Mike for answering my questions about what to do when a piece of siding fell off the trim of the roof (I think it's called the soffit? And, no, I don't know how to spell it, lol!). It was great to have you put my mind at ease (especially with all of the rain we're getting!).

Thank You to my dd's BFF's mom for letting B come over so often this past week. I appreciate all of the distraction so much!! I simply cannot stand a quiet house right now, and B keeps us busy and laughing. So thanks, B's mom for sharing your dd!

Thank You to Deb for having us over this afternoon. I enjoyed our time with you so much! You are always a blessing, and I'm thankful that God brought you here this past summer!

Thank You, God, for the daily reminders that You are with us and that You care. You are so amazing, and I am so thankful for Your love! And Thank You, too, for taking care of dh. I know that You are with him just as much as You are with us, and I'm so glad!!

Thank You to Dorian Holt, author of A New World of Adventure home school curriculum. You have been so helpful in answering all of my questions, and your knowledge is so vast! I l.o.v.e. this curriculum, and I can't wait to use it next year!!

I could go on and on, but it is late (1:30am! Oops! Sorry, Deb, ha ha!) and I really should try to get some sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day--I need to clean!! My parents and my big brother are coming in just four days...can't wait!! ;-)

Have a Thankful day!

*smiles*
debbi

2 comments:

So Sunny Day said...

SO glad he arrived safely. Praying for you both when I think of ya!

Enjoy these days with the kiddos with "just mom" time. before you know it dad will be home and all is back to normal! hang in there sweet friend :)

Love ya!

~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

Anonymous said...

I have just read with absolute interest and admiration the article in the July issue of Unisys News
take (or have) a leak this a labour of love
[url=http://raqobemu.comoj.com/map.html]index of most advanced technology[/url]

Best regards,

My Cards

Earn Free Prizes Just By Surfing the Web!

Search & Win