When God gives us something, there is always enough to share.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Card for Cancer

When my mom had cancer several years ago, I found a card that had this amazing poem on it called "What Cancer Cannot Do". My mom loved it. So, when I heard that Dar from Dar's Crafty Creations was asking for cards for her friend Mary Frances, who has cancer, I knew just what I wanted to use on my card.

Here is what I came up with:


I used my new Ultimate Crafter's Companion (from Nancy--THANK YOU!!) to make the square card and matching envelope. The ribbon and stamp set I used are from Sally (You're awesome--Thanks so much!). The paper is scrapbooking paper that I got at JoAnn's. 

Here's a closeup of the poem:




Isn't it great? I hope that Mary Frances is encouraged when she gets my card. 

If you want to send her a card, I know Dar would be so grateful! Read this post to find out how.

Have a wonderful day!

*smiles*
debbi

5 comments:

Darlene said...

This is absolutely PERFECT and beautiful!! Thanks so much! Mary Frances will be thrilled to receive this beauty! Bless you for doing this and for helping me spread the word so maybe Mary Frances will have a little something to smile about!!

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Debbi!! I have always loved that poem! This will bring comfort! Hugs, Tammy

So Sunny Day said...

Sweet Debbi you are so talented! I love your card creations.

I am sure that this card will bring a smile to her face :)

i'm off to catch up on your other posts!

~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

Kimberly said...

Hi Debbi - My Mom has cancer and a friend of mine. Did you print out the poem? where can I find the poem to print out? can you help?

Cor* said...

Priceless!

My Cards

Earn Free Prizes Just By Surfing the Web!

Search & Win