When God gives us something, there is always enough to share.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

I totally forgot!!

Okay, you can call me a DORK...I totally deserve it!! Waaaayyy back in November (yes, I said I was a dork!), I received this award from my sweet blogger friend Susan P:



I left a quick thank you comment on her post...and then I forgot all about it.

Ask my kids. I forget things. Often. I even bought a new stamp that says, "I lost my mind...I think my kids took it." (hee, hee).

Honestly, my life is just on overload right now. I'll spare you the details, but let's just say we are busy!

Anyhoo...back to the award. There are rules...

1. Thank the person who awarded you. (Thank goodness I didn't forget that!)
2. Share 8 things about yourself.
3. Pay it forward to 8 bloggers that you have recently discovered.
4. Contact those bloggers to let them know about their award.

So, here goes...8 things about me:

1. First and foremost, I am a child of God. I am so thankful to God for sending His Son, Jesus Christ, to die for my sins. He has forgiven me, and because I have accepted His free gift of salvation (no merit of my own) I can spend eternity with Him in heaven.

2. I love giving things away! I enter a lot of giveaways, and I just love to use the things I win to make things for people. It is SOOO much fun to put a smile on someone's face. I also enter giveaways for things that I know somone specific would love. It makes me so happy!

3. I am blessed to be a stay-at-home Mom. LOVE it!

4. I have four big brothers and one big sister. I have always loved being the youngest of six, and YES, I'M SPOILED! lol

5. I am a die-hard procrastinator. I leave things until the last possible moment and work best under pressure.

I also pray every day that God will help me to be more disciplined.

6. I am not an animal lover. I do not dislike animals, I just don't want any. However, we got a puppy this summer, and he has completely stolen my heart!

7. I have never pumped gas. There. I admitted it. (I told you I was spoiled!)

8. I love chocolate. No, I mean I love chocolate. Once, my ds (when he was 2-1/2) tried to bribe me with chocolate.

NOTE: I will be your best friend if you give me chocolate.




The "recently found" blogs I've chosen:

Less is More - Joy makes the most beautiful cards!

The Paper Addict - Catherine is such a sweetheart, and she makes gorgeous cards, too.

karens-kakes-krafts - Karen makes amazing cakes! I had never seen an I-Pod cake before I "met" Karen.

We are THAT Family -- Inspirational. And funny. And creative. Did I mention inspirational?

Sweet Magnolia Rose --  I love her determination! She has had much to overcome, yet she faces things squarely and just does what needs doin'! She is opening her own Craft Studio (and having an awesome giveaway right now to celebrate!).

You Seriously Made That?? -- I found her when I began crocheting again. She has great tutorials on so many different types of crafts!

Yes, Virginia... -- I just discovered Virginia yesterday. Her cards? Amazing!

And, last but not least...It's Me Susan P -- Am I allowed to give it back? I think Susan is such a sweetie, and she is so talented!

Thanks again, Susan! And I'm sorry that it took me so long to post about this!!

*smiles*
debbi

5 comments:

Heather said...

Congrats on your award...it's always nice to be recognized by others:) Thanks for the nice comment you left on my blog about us mothers "listening", I appreciate it!

Hi, I am Karen Driscoll said...

Hey Febbi, Thank You so much for thinking of me. I am so glad to hear that you like my cakes. I love your blog, and I like you love to give things away, I love to make people happy, and I thank You, for making me happy today!!
Thanks again, Karen!! <3

Anonymous said...

Many congrats, Debbi!

The Teachers Wife said...

Hey Debbi! I tried to send an email but I dont think it went thru.... here's my reply to your comment from my chicken post :)

Hi Debbi! We actually really lucked out. We live about a mile out of the city so we are considered 'unincorporated' where the rules are less stringent. But my mom lives in a large city in the neighboring county and they actually just had a large court debate about chickens (odd huh?!). They consider chickens "Native Birds", NOT farm animals! So you definetely have to have the term "farm animals" defined in some places it seems. I was very surprised about that ruling! If you ever have the opportunity to raise chickens though we have thoroughly enjoyed it as have our children! My 3 year old has blast running out in the yard checking for eggs every day! :)

Unknown said...

Your blog is so great! Thank you for the award :) I feel honored!

My Cards

Earn Free Prizes Just By Surfing the Web!

Search & Win