When God gives us something, there is always enough to share.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Card for Encouragement

I made this card for a couple in our church that is going for a difficult time right now. The husband has been diagnosed with leukemia, and he is in the hospital with low platelet counts. This has been a difficult time for them both.



 Here is a closeup of the flowers and scripture verse:


This verse is one of my favorites. It says, "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." Romans 8:18.

The flowers are what I like to call a "happy mistake", lol. I wanted to highlight the blue in the dp, so I used my Silhouette to cut out the flowers. I then glued the flowers, only to realize that I had glued the front of the dp instead of the back! OOPS!

Rather than cut out a new set of flowers, I decided to just glitter the front (sticky) side. It actually came out much prettier than it would have, had I not made my "happy mistake".

The dp is from K&Co Life's Journey, cs and pearls are from my stash, sentiment is Verve, glitter is Martha Stewart, flower from Silhouette SD, and ink is CTMH.


I am entering this card in the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge -- blue and green.


I hope you have a day full of happy crafting!


*smiles*
debbi

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a great job! I love it!

Elizabeth said...

"Happy Mistakes" just show that God even directs our stamping!! =)) The card is beautiful and I'm sure it will bless this couple to know you put your love and care into it.

JustYolie said...

Your card is beautiful! Lovely colors.

Patti J said...

Lol...there are no mistakes in stamping! Your card is gorgeous, and I'm sure it will be a blessing to the recipients. Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge - hope to see you back again next week!

Misty Olsen said...

What a great job:0* I have learned in making crafts.........That there are no mistakes. This is a lovely card. Thank you, for sharing this story. It has humbled me. I will keep your friends in my prayers.

Lena said...

Super Cute Card:) I am a new follower and love to invite you to my blog for a give away. Enter @ lenascrafts.blogspot.com

My Cards

Earn Free Prizes Just By Surfing the Web!

Search & Win