When God gives us something, there is always enough to share.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Motivate Me Monday--Updated 3/15

Good Morning!

I am still posting on my Daughter's computer, since I STILL can't access the internet on mine. :-o Hopefully, it will be fixed this week...

I have been sick all weekend, which is a pain (my To Do list grows as I watch, you know how it is!), but there is also a bright side, right?

I was able to catch up on some much-needed rest, and I had a lot of time to reflect.

I have been mulling over some things for a few months now, something that God has been working on my heart about....discipline.  If I'm totally honest, I am no different than the people I admire most, except for one thing...

I lack discipline.

So, during my time of reflection this weekend, I have decided to begin something called Motivate Me Mondays. I am going to set goals for myself every Monday--list things that will help me accomplish my life goals (which I am currently working on writing up. They will be posted when I finish them!).

And I want YOU to help me to stick to my list!!

I also would love it if you would join in! I added a button on my sidebar for you to grab, if you're interested. (Hopefully I can figure out Mr. Linky by next Monday, lol!) Maybe you're like me; maybe you need to set goals and be accountable to someone in order to reach your goals.

I want my life to make a difference. I want the lives of my children to make a difference.

No more excuses!!

So here's my list for this week (I've listed one goal under each of the headings for my life goals):

God: This week I will have prayer and quiet time every day. Did that!

Husband: I will keep the house neat, and I will put notes in his lunch three days this week.
Kept house neat. Put notes in only once. :-(


Children: I will spend time reading to them on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. I will sew Emilie's bags by Friday.We crafted while listening to books on tape, and I sewed Em's bag!

Home: I will get rid of one thing every day this week.
Didn't. Will work on that this week.
 

Church: I will make 10 Deacon Care group cards by Sunday. 
Made 10 cards! 

Extended Family/Friends: I will make and send the Birthday cards for birthdays this month. I will make a sample of the wedding invitations for B.  Made and sent the birthday cards I needed to for this week. Couldn't make an invitation sample, since B still has my example.

School: I will keep up with my grading every day. I will add one fun activity to our schedule.
Did every day except one. We added planning our Japan week (I'll post more on that this coming week!)

Self:  I will exercise at least three times this week. (that was a tough one to write down!!)
I was sick all week, so I only exercised once.
 

There you have it!


What are your goals for this week? How about for your life?

"In reading the lives of great men, I found that the first victory they won was over themselves... self-discipline with all of them came first."
Harry S. Truman




4 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi thanks for your comment on my "convincing" post and thanks for entering the giveaway.

Sounds like you've got a lot of plans this week. Good luck with everything!

Unknown said...

Your blog is lovely. I am with you on the blog thing. I don't blog enough to get the hang of it. If you find out any good sites that explain things in a way that makes sense, let me know.lol May His face shine upon you and give you the desires of your heart.
Jan

Crystal said...

Debbi, what an inspiring post ! I love your transparency. I certainly can relate to much of what you said. The Lord bless you !

Linda Beeson said...

What a great idea - I usually do well with little goals so I can see making one for Mondays would so work well.

My Cards

Earn Free Prizes Just By Surfing the Web!

Search & Win