When God gives us something, there is always enough to share.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Cards for our Missionary Project

Recently our church put out a call for birthday cards to be given to one of our Missionaries, Mark and Diane Zimmer. The Zimmers are missionaries to Yap, Micronesia, and Diane gives cards and a small gift to each of the ladies on the island. We are collecting cards and gifts to send back with them when they return from furlough.

I thought I would share the cards I made. I was looking to make a quick and simple card, but somehow I ended up "obsessing" (as usual!). These 12 cards took me all afternoon. LOL

 

Here are some closeups:


 
 


Both the butterfly and sentiment are from Stampin'Up! I used the D'Vine Swirls (Cuttlebug) embossing folder for the background. The paper was just random stuff I had from ?? I'm afraid I have collected quite a bit of paper (an obsession, rather!).

Here is a closeup of the butterflies:


I used my Stampin'Up! pastels and blender pen to color these in.

 

It is so neat to have the opportunity to make these cards for the Zimmers. I hope the Yapese enjoy them. I can't wait to see the cards the other ladies at church have made!

2 comments:

Hands to Work, Hearts to God said...

Hi! Found your blog through your daughter's post at OWOH. Nice cards! thanks for sharing!

Ann said...

Lovely cards, Debbi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

My Cards

Earn Free Prizes Just By Surfing the Web!

Search & Win