I began this post with a rather whining tone, but decided after rereading it that I would just erase it and start over!
I have so much to be thankful for! I have no right to whine, really.
It is almost 1:00 a.m. I'm never up this late! Okay, almost never...
The only time I ever stay up this late is when my wonderful husband is away (hence the whining...). Yes, he's away...for a whole week...and I cannot sleep when he's away. (Okay, I'm whining again, sorry.)
But I have so much to be thankful for!
1. I'm thankful that I have a husband that I can miss when he's away. He is a wonderful husband and father, the best really, and so many women today (married or unmarried) are lonely. I am only lonely when he's away (which, thankfully, doesn't happen often.)
2. I'm thankful that this doesn't happen often! Yes, he'll be gone for three weeks this Spring, but that should be all for a long time (right, honey??!!).
3. I'm so thankful that he's where he is when he is. He gets to be with his dear Dad on the one-year anniversary of his dear Mom's death. And that is SO awesome for Dad and Sis, I know. I'm just so thankful to God for working out this trip!
4. I'm thankful that I have a husband to snuggle with, one that I miss when he's gone (which is why I don't sleep...bed's just too empty...even when one of the kids sleeps on his side.) He warms me up (even my cold feet, lol).
5. I'm thankful that it's only a week! We have so much planned to keep us busy that this week is going to fly by (right?).
6. I'm thankful for a God Who cares about the little details of our lives. I was so sad today, and God allowed me to win some blog candy to cheer me up! Isn't He AWESOME??!!
7. I'm thankful for my children. They keep me busy and keep me company. And we have lots of fun together, always mindful of keeping each others' spirits up while Daddy is away. They are so special.
Okay, this is SOOO much better than the post I began with. Here's a parting shot to make me (and hopefully you) smile.
I have so much to be thankful for.