When God gives us something, there is always enough to share.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tissue Box Holder

Each month, my friend and I host a Card Night at my house. It is a small group of about 8 or so ladies, and we typically do one project and two or so cards. Last month, we made tissue box holders as our project.

 This was my friend Penni's idea, and these are the instructions she provided:


"Tissue Box Cover

Start with a piece of 4.5 X 8.5 cardstock.  Score at 2, 3, 5.25, and 6.25.  Cut designer paper as follows:  One piece at 4.25 X 2 and two pieces at .75 X 4.25.  Fold up the tissue box then unfold and punch an oval on one flap.  Fold it over and trace the oval on the other piece, then punch again.  Adhere the decorative paper.  Use sticky strip to adhere the box."

You might notice that I cut TWO pieces at 4.25X2", mainly because I didn't read the directions carefully, lol!
But it turned out to be a 'happy accident', because I liked how it looked!




Here is the finished project:




After making these, my kids and I decided to make about 20 more to give to the people that we delivered meals to for Meals on Wheels. The people loved them! It was a practical 'thinking of you' treat that didn't involve food (many of them are on special diets). It was fun!

It is finally looking like Spring around here, and I for one and glad to see the snow gone!! I hope you are enjoying a sunny day.

*smiles*
debbi

1 comment:

So Sunny Day said...

super cute! Oh my goodness how I have missed your blog and YOU!!!!!

~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

My Cards

Earn Free Prizes Just By Surfing the Web!

Search & Win