When God gives us something, there is always enough to share.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Holly Jolly Christmas Card

Hello! I finally got about 30 seconds of semi-sunshine...just enough to take some pics of my card so I can post it, lol!
 I am really enjoying my FIL's visit (he's here for a week), and the slower pace is giving me some time to 'play'! YIPPEE!! I love it when I get to play, lol.

Here is the card I created today:
 

I followed this sketch at Craft Your Passion Challenges:

Here's a view from the front:
I added some sparkly wire for the circle part of the sketch. I found this on clearance at Wal-Mart last Christmas.

I added Diamond Stickles to the letters:


And to the center of the snowflake:
(I also added a thin layer of white Liquid Applique on the snowflake.)


Here you can see the Shimmer Mist a little better. I spritzed it all over the card to make it sparkle. I love sparkle!
Sentiment: SU! Christmas Punch; Image: Hero Arts Grand Snowflake; Ink: SU! Ballet Blue;
Embellishments: Ribbon (stash), Rhinestone brad (stash), Fuzzy Cord (Wal-Mart)

I am entering this card into these challenges:
Pile It On #46 -- Winter Means.... (Ends 11/30)
*Totally Gorjuss #57 -- Not So Traditional (Ends 11/27)
*Totally Papercrafts #43 -- Snow and Snowflakes
*Pollycraft Challenge #71 -- Blue (Ends 11/28)
*Creative Belli Blog Challenge #104 -- Old (fuzzy cord), New (snowflake stamp), Borrowed or Blue (ink)
*Anything Goes #25 -- Let it Snow
*2 Sisters Challenge #14 -- Snowflakes (Ends 11/26)
ECP Challenge #26 -- Snow (Ends 12/3)
*Crafty Calendar Challenge #14 -- Winter Snowflakes (Ends 12/4)
*Wild Orchid Challenge #10 -- Blue Christmas (Ends 11/29)
*Fussy & Fancy Challenge -- Christmas with No Red or Green! (Ends 12/3)

I am really hoping to make another card or two tonight, so hopefully I'll have another post. I am almost ready to post about our Thanksgiving Feast (for school). Stay tuned!

*smiles*
debbi

17 comments:

Benzi said...

Very pretty indeed! I love the gorgeous snowflake, great ribbon, and I can see the shimmer on your card. The soft blue is so pretty. So glad you joined the Stampin B's this week.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this great layout- the shimmer is awesome and I love the pretty ribbon! Thanks for joining us at the Creative Belli Challenge!

Jeri said...

Absolutely stunning. That snowflake is so pretty. Thanks for playing along at Paper Cutz.

sue said...

this card is gorgeous thanks for joining us at anything goes x sue x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous hun, just love the sparkle & the blue is yummy!!
Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Pops x said...

This is beautiful honey gorgeous colours, hugs Pops x

Dawn said...

Oh Debi -I am so glad you could join us this week.
What a beautiful card with sparkle!
I always enjoy a blue beauty.
Thanks for joining Craft Your passion

Ms. Jen said...

This card is so beautiful!

uksharon said...

Gorgeous card.
Thanks for joining us at PIO challenge this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

craftybunny said...

Pretty soft blue and lots of lovely sparkle.The organza ribbon is a perfect touch.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
Lisa x

Sammibug said...

Gorgeous card! Love how you used all the white! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Craft Your Passion.

Di said...

Lovely winter christmas card!
thanks for joining SFTW!
Hugs Di xx

Yenni Natalia said...

totally love the cooling feel :) the shimmer touch is awesome!

big hugs
yenni

elsi67 said...

Beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at WOC ♥

Lorraine A said...

oohh ,,, gorgeous card !! so very prety :-) the way you did the ribbon is lovely ,,, so soft and dreamy :-)

thanks for joining us on the Totally Papercrafts Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Kat said...

This is gorgeous, really soft and pretty. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Stephanie said...

Stunning card. I love the details and embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.

My Cards

Earn Free Prizes Just By Surfing the Web!

Search & Win